Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh Canada! (At least briefly)

Well, with some last minute race research, I decided to drive 14 hours to Grand Rapids, MI for some wicked fast NRC crit racing this Saturday. (http://www.westmichigansportscommission.com/cyclingclassic/index.html)

Apparently, if you drive pretty much due west from Boston for 14 hours, you hit MI, via Canada, with a little stop in Niagara Falls. Very exciting.


I didn't actually enjoy this fabulous view, but I tried to look over my shoulder while I was in the crazy traffic jam at the border crossing. I stopped overnight in Sarnia, Ontario and just got up and hit the road again, so unfortunately, I didn't really get to tour Canada too much.

All of this driving was made much more pleasant by the fantastic books on CD that I checked out of the Boston Public Library before I left. Thank you PBL!!

This morning I made it to fabulous Grand Rapids. I got in a nice ride and am feeling ready, so fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow.

Since I made the big drive, I'm planning on stopping by Superweek (http://www.internationalcycling.com/) starting on Sunday, so stay tuned a steady stream of crit reports in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment